Wednesday 7 December 2016


Bookish Review:
 The Shadow of the Wind





Title: Uprooted

Authors: Carols Ruis Zafon
Language: English
Rating: 5 foxes out of 5


A stunning 4.5 stars


description


This will not be a standard review, for any cohesive thoughts left in my brain has been wringed dry by the Shadow of the Wind.

I am haunted by Barcelona. I yearn for avenues never walked, for cafes never tasted, for artwork and for buildings I have never seen. Zafon breathed life into the city until it was alive, with as much complexities and intricacies as his characters. A great writer has the magic to transport its readers into extraordinary lands, to make them feel like they belong even in the strangest places. Zafon does just that.
But he does not stop with the city. No, he breathed life into every character, giving them unimaginable depths with only a few short words. I carried them all in my heart: the murderers, the prostitutes, the booksellers, the writers. Some characters felt like olds friends, like Fermin, others felt like reflections of myself, like Daniel. 
His writing is poetry, both humorous and tragic. I find myself rereading some phrases to imprint them in my mind. This book needs to be savored, unfortunately, I had to no choice but to devour it whole.
You see, I had to know. I had to know who was the man burning the books? Who was Julian Carax? Penelope? In the end I am left completely satisfied, albeit also exhausted, with the ending. Do yourself a favor, read this book. 

Most preferably, read this book when the outside looks like this. 


description



You can read this review and others on my website:


https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7...


http://hebhebheb.tumblr.com/


also, follow me on instagram for all things books:


https://www.instagram.com/dearwilderness/


Sincerely, 

description

No comments:

Post a Comment